Meet the staff at Pimentel Academic Services
Bob Pimentel, Owner/instructor
Bob taught chemistry and physics at Brophy College Preparatory. After his teaching experience at Brophy, Bob accepted an offer to join the pharmaceutical industry where he first worked with The Upjohn Company in Phoenix and later worked with Merck & Co., Inc. During his tenure at Merck & Co., Inc., Bob had a career that included working in sales and marketing. He was promoted to the position of Business Manager for the Hospital Sales Group in the Southwest Region. He won several awards for sales and marketing and earned his way into the Merck & Co., Inc. sales Hall of Fame. From 1985 to the present, Bob has been actively tutoring students in a broad spectrum of courses.
- Brophy College Preparatory, '76
- B.A. Spanish (Chemistry minor), University of California, Davis '81
- standardized test preparation and general subject tutoring
Sheila Pimentel, owner
Sheila taught preschool through kindergarten upon graduating from college. Additionally, Sheila worked as a sales representative for Hearing Consultants in Phoenix. She was and continues to be an active volunteer at St. Thomas the Apostle, St. Francis Xavier, Xavier College Preparatory, and Brophy College Preparatory while all three of her children attended these schools. While she raised her family, she maintained an active role in the formation of Pimentel Academic Services.
- Bourgade Catholic High School, '79
- B.S. Child Development and Family Relations, University of Arizona, '84
Megan studied abroad in Granada, Spain, at the Centro de Lenguas Modernas. She was awarded the Wildcat Excellence Award and graduated with Cum Laude Honors and on the Dean’s List. Megan completed four years as a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma, where she participated on the Chapter Council as an executive board member. During her college tenure, she was awarded Second Place in the Department of Spanish & Portuguese Film Festival, became a member of the Students in Free Enterprise, tutored at the Roskruge Elementary School, a Bilingual Magnet, and participated as a member of the Sigma Delta Pi Collegiate National Hispanic Honor Society. Megan has been playing the piano for 20 years.
- Xavier College Preparatory, '07
- B.A. Spanish/Portuguese (Music minor), University of Arizona, '11
- Spanish, English, music theory, organizational skills
Click here to schedule with Megan in phoenix.
During his time in undergrad Matthew started the St. Luke’s medical translation service site in Camden, New Jersey. After graduation he moved to Perú with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC). He spent two years founding a new service site for JVC’s international volunteers in Andahuaylillas, Qosqo, Perú. Matthew gained proficiency in Quechua, the largest indigenous language in the Americas. He taught high school English, Ethics and Religious Studies at Colegio Fe y Alegria No. 44 (a Spanish/Quechua bilingual non-English high school). Matthew is a contributing author to different publications and continues to publish in various academic journals. He has played the guitar for 18 years and is learning the bass and piano.
- Brophy College Preparatory, '06
- B.A. Spanish/Foreign Languages & Literature (Faith-Justice Studies & Latin American Studies minors), St. Joseph's University, '10
- B.A. Philosophy, St. Joseph's University, '10
- Foreign Languages & Literature certificate, Latin American Studies certificate, St. Joseph's University, '10
- M.S. Global Technology and Development, Arizona State University, '16
- PhD Human and Social Dimensions of Science and Technology, Arizona State University (in progress)
- Spanish, English, HSPT, math, history, college essay writing
Click here to schedule with Matthew in phoenix.
Jon was awarded a Provost's Scholarship to attend Arizona State University. There, he majored in Mechanical Engineering and took an interest in control theory. For his academic performance, he was awarded a prestigious spot on the Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering's Dean's List. His favorite project that he worked on was an active spoiler designed for a Formula Mazda vehicle.
- Marcos de Niza High School, '09
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University, '13
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University (in progress)
- math, physics, chemistry
Click here to schedule with Jon in phoenix.
Laura, Assistant Manager
Laura received two scholarships to attend the University of Arizona. There she achieved spots on the Dean's List. She was a member of several clubs at the university including the Young Democrats, Students for Sustainability, and TapCats. She also spent her time volunteering for the campaigns of local Democratic representatives. After she finished her undergraduate studies, she worked for Academy del Sol charter school in Tucson. Present at the school's first year, it was here that she was able to experience the quickly-changing environment of office management and to have the opportunity to work with children of different ages and learning abilities.
- Marcos de Niza High School, '09
- B.A. Political Science (English minor), University of Arizona, '13
- B.A. Computer Information Systems, Arizona State University (in progress)
Rico is a Phoenix native and graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a degree in Psychology and minors in Anthropology and Business. He has completed his MBA and M.Ed in Secondary Education at Grand Canyon University. He is currently teaching in the social studies department at North High School. He enjoys tutoring test preparation, math, and social studies.
- B.A. Psychology (Anthropology & Business minors), Washington University in St. Louis, '10
- MBA Grand Canyon University, '15
- M.Ed. Grand Canyon University, '16
- standardized test preparations, history, math, English, writing, and economics
Click here to schedule with Rico in phoenix.
JOY, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Joy brings her leadership and educational background experience to us after spending six years in the classroom working in Kyrene School District, tutoring privately for over fifteen years and running the Arizona Area for Play-Well TEKnologies, a company that teaches engineering to children through the use of LEGO. Joy’s experience as a hands-on educator, with a solid background in working with staff, parents and students to assess and achieve outcomes at all levels is what brought her to the Pimentel Academic Services office team. Joy is proud to be a mother of twin teenage boys, is married to Andy and in her spare time she likes to hike, gather with friends and read.
B.A. Elementary Education Emphasis in Early Childhood Education, Arizona State University, '96
Sheila M., Administrative Assistant
Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, Sheila attended both St. Francis Xavier School and Xavier College Preparatory. She studied at St. Patrick's College in Maynooth, Ireland, before graduating with Summa Cum Laude honors from the University of Arizona. While raising her four children, Sheila worked as an instructional aide in the first grade classrooms of St. Thomas the Apostle School. She is a longtime member of the St. Thomas, St. Francis Xavier, Brophy, and Xavier communities, where she has actively volunteered for over 25 years. When she is not working at the front desk of Pimentel Academic Services, Sheila loves to cook, read, play the piano, and help out in the Gear Shop at Xavier, where her youngest daughter is a senior.
- Xavier College Prep, '76
- B.A. Pre-Law (History and Economics), University of Arizona, '80
- Paralegal Certification, Arizona State University, '85
Fred was a physics teacher, football coach, and assistant principal at Brophy College Preparatory from 1967 to 1990. Following his career at Brophy, he continued to be a principal, physics teacher, and varsity football coach at Rockhurst High School in Kansas City from 1990 to 2012. Fred enjoys teaching physics and math.
- B.A. Secondary Education (Physics & Math), Arizona State University '67
- M.A. Secondary Education, Arizona State University '69
- M.S. Modern Physics, Notre Dame '73
- Ed.D. Educational Administration, ASU ' 92
- physics, math
Click here to schedule with Mr. Campisano in phoenix.
Anna is originally from Atlanta Georgia, where she attended Clayton State University receiving her Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Management and minoring in Spanish in July of 2014. She played collegiate volleyball and received the MVP award in the 2010 and 2012 seasons. She is very passionate about traveling and cultural enrichment. Anna has been to over fifteen different countries. She recently just finished her TESL certification from Oxford Seminars, which will allow her to teach English as a second language internationally. She enjoys writing poetry, running, and attending yoga classes. Namaste!
- Woodland High School, '09
- B.S. Health Care Management (Spanish minor), Clayton State University, '14
- TESOL/TESL/TEFL certification, Oxford Seminars, '17
English, Spanish, chemistry, math, writing, organizational/study skills.
Click here to schedule with Anna in phoenix.
Rahnee graduated from Brophy College Preparatory in 2006. He attended Santa Barbara City College to pursue football, and went on to Northwestern College (now University of Northwestern - St. Paul) where he received his Bachelor's in Mathematics in 2011. Rahnee enjoys sports and traveling.
- Brophy College Preparatory, '06
- B.S. Mathematics, Northwestern College, '11
Click here to schedule with Rahnee.
Jack is a Phoenix native and graduated from Brophy College Preparatory in 2006. He continued on to Arizona State University where he earned a degree in Business Communications and minors in Political Science and Religious Studies. Thereafter, he completed his Juris Doctorate at Phoenix School of Law. Currently, he practices domestic relations law at Curry, Pearson & Wooten, P.L.C. in Downtown Phoenix.
- Brophy College Preparatory, '06
- B.A. Business, Arizona State University, ‘10
- J.D. Phoenix School of Law, ‘13
Click here to schedule with JACK in phoenix.
Brynne is a Colorado native who has lived in the valley for 10 years now. She was homeschooled in high school so she could travel the world with her family. She has visited over 30 countries, her favorite was Vienna, Austria. She is currently working on finishing up her last semester at ASU and is earning a B.S. in Biological Science. During her college years, Brynne has been president of her school's business entrepreneurial club; she has been the chair of marketing and PR at ASU’s American Medical Student Association; she was named to the Dean’s List every semester, and she has been involved with a neurology lab that researches the effects of stress on the brain. Brynne plans to attend medical school next year and is passionate about learning and science.
- B.S. Biological Science; Arizona State University ’17
math, chemistry, biology, history, writing, grammar, organizational skills
Click here to schedule with Brynne in phoenix.
Chelsea is a Phoenix native and graduated from Shadow Mountain High School in 2010. She received the Arizona Board of Regent’s High Honors Tuition Scholarship to attend The University of Arizona, where she completed four years as a member of Gamma Phi Beta. She graduated in 2014 with a degree in Business Marketing. She is currently pursuing her Master of Education degree to become a high school Mathematics teacher.
- Shadow Mountain High School, '10
- B.S. Business Administration, University of Arizona, '14
- M.Ed Secondary Mathematics, University of Arizona, '18
math, writing, reading, economics, organizational skills
Will graduated Brophy College Preparatory in 2017 and was awarded the Provost’s Scholarship to pursue a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering at Barrett the Honors College at ASU. He completed several AP courses at Brophy, including: AP English Language, AP United States History, AP English Literature, AP Calculus AB, AP Physics 2, AP Government, AP Macro Economy, and AP Studio Art. Will enjoys programing and reading alongside camping when he gets the chance.
- Brophy College Preparatory, '17
- B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, Barrett, The Honors College at Arizona State University, '21
math, physics, reading, writing, grammar, theology, organizational skills
Click here to schedule with Will in phoenix.
Francisco is a Tucson native who graduated from Ironwood Ridge High School in 2016. He was awarded the Provost’s Scholarship to Barrett the Honors College at Arizona State University, where he is pursuing a B.S. in Finance, a minor in Real Estate and a certificate of International Business. Prior to attending ASU he traveled across India as a volunteer educator teaching english and math. He was selected to swim for the Mexican National team and was the Sonoran team captain from 2014-2016. Francisco enjoys sports, traveling and the outdoors.
- Ironwood Ridge High School, '16
- B.S. Finance (Real Estate minor & International Business certificate), Barrett, The Honors College at Arizona State University, '20
Schedule Coming soon!
Josh graduated from Sabino High School in 2015 and was awarded the Provost's scholarship to pursue a degree in Aerospace Engineering at Arizona State University's Honors College. He studied computer science in Tokyo and recently accepted an offer to be a Mechanical Engineering intern for general Dynamics. He hopes to pursue a Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering after college. Josh enjoys traveling, music, and sports.
- Sabino High School, '15
- B.S. Aerospace Engineering, Arizona State University, '19
math, physics, reading